Every few years my husband and I go to NYC for a weekend in December for his job and we stay in a really nice hotel in the city. That hotel has the BEST smelling lotions, shampoos and conditioners and I truly love the smell. I was telling a friend the other day that I hoard the little bottles of lotions to make them last as long as possible because of the great smell.
What is that awesome smell you ask? Lemon Verbena…it is such a clean and fresh and yummy smell. Those lotions and shampoos have made me love the smell of lemons so much that I set out to make Lemon Scented Shower Melts. Lemon is such a clean and refreshing smell and I love how it energizes and refreshes me, so shower melts are a perfect way to start my day.
I just put one in the bottom of my shower, turn on the hot water and the water makes the melt dissolve releasing its sweet Lemon aroma into the air.
These shower melts are really easy to make once you get the right consistency and they make great gifts as well so keep them in mind for teacher gifts, holiday gifts or just because gifts.
Lemon Scented Shower Melts
1 cup cornstarch
Lemon Essential Oils ( I wanted a strong lemon scent so I used 10 drops)
Yellow food coloring (optional)
1. Mix cornstarch and food coloring (Note: Color will darken when water is added)
2. Mix cornstarch and water and mix into a smooth paste.
3. Place mixture into silicone mold and freeze until harden.
NOTE: Store in a airtight container until ready to use. If you use too much water then you will need to store these in the freezer. I keep mine in a glass jar with a lid in my bathroom.
Want to learn more about Essential Oils?
HOW TO ORDER YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS:
1. Click Here to begin the enrollment process.
2. Select Wholesale Member so you can get the discount!
3. My member # is 2860954. It should auto-populate in the form, but just in case it doesn’t there you have it.
4. Select your starter kit. The Premium Starter Kit truly is the best value because it comes with eleven bottles of the most versatile oils PLUS a diffuser which is one of the best ways to use your oils (diffusers cost $99 if purchased retail.)
5. It will ask if you’d like to join Essential Rewards. ER is a fantastic program and as a business builder you’ll want to be enrolled, but feel free to skip signing up for Essential Rewards at this time.
6. Check out and as soon as you get your confirmation. Once you check out I will get an email and I’ll email you with further instructions.